And, here we are, in the last week of this year. With its fair share of up’s and down’s, this year has certainly been a wonderful experience. Lost people, found new ones, broken hearts, found ways and people to fix them, yes, it has taught us all over again that life indeed goes on.
A year full of mistakes and learnings, this is a list of what 2015 taught me.
- People will choose to walk away without giving a reason. It will hurt, but that’s life.
- The ones you think are very important to you today will not be important to you after some time. And when you look back at them, you’ll be relieved to have let go of them.
- You will fall in love with the wrong people. Having your heart broken by them will help you learn a lot about life.
- Learn to forgive. It will save you from a lot of unnecessary anxiety.
- You will gain nothing by passing comments or talking bad about people. Rather, you will lose out on time. Admire the beauty of nature instead.
- Family is the only place you can go to when the world seizes to believe in you. They will never abandon you. Make time for them. You’ll learn what unconditional love is.
- If people are really important to you, let go of your ego and fix some broken relations. Nothing feels better than getting back your best friend.
- People will take advantage of you when they need help and forget about you once their work is done. Learn to shut doors on them.
- There will be very few people with whom you will want to share the smallest details of your life. And only a handful of them will be genuinely interested. They are the keepers. Don’t lose them.
- Always be kind. A simple ‘sorry’ and ‘thank you’ can help save a lot of your relationships. Also smile as often as you can. There is already too much of negativity around us.
- You have to love yourself before loving others. Self love and self respect are under-rated.
- Take care of your health. It will help you in the long run.
- Be confident. And if you are not, try analyzing the reasons and work upon them.
- Respect other’s viewpoints. Understand not everybody was made to think just the way you do. Socializing will not be a problem anymore.
- Your happiness is only your choice. No one can decide what makes you happy. Do not let anyone make that decision either.
Hope you a wonderful year ahead. 🙂